May 21, 2012

The Avengers Premiere

   Alright, so a group of kids from my ward decided to go and see The Avengers the night it came out (I know, I bet you never would have guessed that based on the title, yeah?) There had been talk about how funny it'd be if we all dressed up as Harry Potter characters--especially with the type of fans that would be at the midnight showing. Well, I figured it was mostly just conversation, however, about an hour before we were meant to leave, I came out of my room (which was solely mine at the time. That only lasted about 2 weeks, by the way. However, it's alright, Heidi is my new roommate now, as opposed to flatmate, so it's all good.) and my flatmates were all dressing up. I had nothing better to do, so I thought I might as well, too. I have never dressed up for any movie before--and I was purposefully dressing for the wrong film. That's the way to do it, I tell ya. With Lucy's help, I was able to create a pretty neat Bellatrix Lestrange costume and hairdo.
   As it turns out, no one else had the guts to dress up with us. Goobers--the lot of 'em! At the theater, it was brilliant--so many people talked about us and watched us as we walked (or, in my case, strutted, past). Unfortunately, despite our early arrival, our group had to sit on the front row. On the plus side, it gave people a better view of us, and I was able to strut darkly (haha, yeah...) for my audience. It was great--I held my expression nearly the whole time even though people were definitely looking right at me! It made me miss theatre, that's for sure. Check out the pics--Lucy is Tonks, Heidi is Hermione, Morgan is Professor Trelawney, and I, of course, am Bellatrix.


In character:





And posing at the front of the theater:



   Oh, and the movie was really good, too!

No comments: