Jan 27, 2012

Extreme Changes

   So, you may have noticed I haven't blogged since September. If not, don't worry, neither did I. I realized that I really had to post now though, because the title of my last post is HILARIOUS. I mean absolutely laughable. Yes? How would you know--it's not like I'm updating. Anyway, I guess I'll take care of that right now. Last year, I posted about a few minor changes in my life and mused that, despite what I thought, things really could change. Yay. OK, so, here is my new list of changes (that have come about since September 12):

-First of all, I am obsessed with doing things with people. Yes. You read that correctly. I enjoy nothing better than hanging out with a group of friends now. Nothing. At all. Yes, I am the same person who frequently bashed humanity in general back in August. In fact, I am pretty miserable if I don't have at least 10 minutes of conversation with at least a few people (other than me flatmates) every day. Things are even worse if I go more than 3 days without some sort of group activity. I know, first world problems and all that jazz.

-Going off of the first change, I would choose to stay up all night, every night with friends than sleep. It's true, I adore sleeping, however, I think it would be great if I didn't have to sleep just so I could have fun all the time. Oh, and yes, I have tried this--it doesn't work after 1 day.

-Fall semester, I enrolled in a .5 credit Zumba class to make myself be motivated to exercise at least twice a week. It worked. I have been bitten by a Zumba bug. I LOVE it and am nigh obsessive about it. Best part: I am really toning up! Alright! I think this is the best shape I've been in, in fact.
Side effect: I cannot help dancing (not Zumba) whenever I hear 'dancey' music. You know the phrase "dance like no one's watching"? Yeah, who cares. Unless it is Zumba, in which case I shut the blinds and occasionally have to shove the neighbors out of me flat.

-As sort of a side-note to my new Zumba hobby, I usually listen to Zumba or Latin music now. It's so much fun and so energetic--I just love it.

-I sing all the time. I've always loved singing, but, as fate would have it, one of my flatmates, Julene, loves singing too. As a result, we have created many duets to songs and have an absolute blast! It is SO much fun. So much fun.

-I frequently end up in headlocks. I don't have a good explanation for this. Remember how I took self-defense last Winter semester? It made me confident. That's great and all, but that class teaches you how to really hurt someone who's trying to get you. As it turns out, most people I fight are actually fighting, not trying to get me, so I lose. Maybe I'd win if I utilized what I know, but that would be mean because it would hurt the other person. So, I continue to ask people if they want to fight (because it is a good release of energy and I feel that now I must win to prove myself), and I continue to be lifted, put in headlocks, and restrained. I've decided I have serious 'kitten that thinks it's a tiger' syndrome. Plus side: I've toughened up some. Some.

-I love organic cereal for dessert. It's just really yummy.

So, though that was a lot of text, it was only a few points, however, I think you get the idea, yes? I've made a 180 degree change in less than 6 months. Goodness, my 17 year-old self would have disliked me...I'm totally nuts--but it's great. Oh, yeah, I'm also officially a film student now, so that's sort of a big deal. (PS saying "me flat" or whatever is not a typo. That's just how I talk now.)

No comments: