Apr 14, 2011

Things I Learned After A Year At BYU

So, I made it through freshman year. Having been through another semester, I have learned even more, and since I posted about what I discovered after my first semester, I thought I’d do the same with this past semester (listed in no particular order).

1.) There are a lot of really great professors at BYU and I was fortunate enough to have all great teachers this semester.
2.) Dean Duncan (my Intro to Film professor) is brilliant. Seriously.
3.) Even if you find alternatives to the Cannon Center, eventually, even that food will get old.
4.) I like it when I can make homemade food. So do other people.
5.) Finals week won’t necessarily be stressful.
6.) Registering for classes for your sophomore year is WAY more fun than registering during freshman year.
7.) Apparently, in Utah, it can be sunny and 70 degrees on day and snow the next. Not even funny.
8.) Semester plans are cool...and save my life.
9.) Brother Parker is still amazing.
10.) History classes can be enjoyable if you have a great teacher who focuses on concepts rather than dates.
11.) Before coming to school, there were times when I wanted to be alone. Here, alone is...lonely. I have come to realize that when I meant “alone”, I meant “with Chrissy”. There is definitely a distinction.
12.) I can hit now--hard.
13.) Right now, even if things are not perfect, life is just brilliant!

Yeah, this is sort of a short list, but a lot of what I’ve learned this semester is related to outlook on life and such (learned from Dean). Do you really want me to go on a rant about that? Maybe I do a blog post on that later; no promises.

No comments: